Modern fashion icons: Leighton Meester

Leighton Marissa Meester is an American actress and singer, best known for her role as Blair Waldorf in the TV show 'Gossip Girl'. Blair Waldorf is the 'it' girl of Upper East Side and a fashionista. Therefore, Leighton presented a wide range of top fashion outfits throughout the show and left millions of girls enchanted with her natural charm and sense of style. It has been unbelievably difficult to choose my favourite outfits, since to me Leighton is the walking definition of beauty and a never-ending source of fashion inspiration. No matter what she wears, she always pulls off her look perfectly. So... sit back, relax and enjoy the show!



Leighton turned everyone's head as she arrived at the Christian Dior Spring/Summer 2012 Paris Fashion Week show. She teamed her off-the-shoulder white dress with a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes and a chained purse. I have noticed that she tends to go mostly for white dresses during red carpet events and other occasions. Way to go- white is totally her colour!



She was lighting up the red carpet during 2011 Golden Globes in her nude ruched dress from the Pre-Fall 2011 Burberry Prorsum collection. She complemented her darling look with a pair of Jimmy Choo stilettos and a Louis Vuitton clutch. What I really like is the fact that she went for an effortless, natural hairdo. It brings to my mind a quote by Leonardo da Vinci- 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication'.


In episode 1x02 'The Wild Brunch', Leighton was wearing a Thread Social dress. Normally, I am not too much in favour of mixing clothing patterns with the ones on tights. However, she looks exceptionally good in this combination, I love how it gives her this vintage look.



I can never get enough of watching Leighton in the episode called 'Summer, kind of wonderful'. She started the show in a floral Alice + Olivia dress with a matching waist belt and a Tory Burch bag. Then, she changed into a floral Salvatore Ferregamo swimsuit tied at the neck showing off her wonderful curves. Finally, she sparkled in a white Marc by Marc Jacobs dress paired with Chloe shoes and Jennifer Behr headband.



This Temperley London dress combines everything I love- nude colour, elements of lace and the waist belt with a bow. Leighton accessorized it with a black clutch and a pair of black stilettos- what's not to love?



Leighton looked ladylike wearing a nude ruffled top by Bill Blass teamed with a black bodycon skirt. My favourite part about this set is the fact that even though she shows off a lot of cleavage, this outfit does not look out of line at all. Quite the opposite- it's incredibly classy and elegant.



For a maxi dress lover like me, this Matthew Williamson Resort 2010 gown is to die for. I love how its low back design and the sequined top make this dress stand out. It's also really versatile, since it's perfect for both an evening dinner at a restaurant and a formal ball. So, it's a win-win!



Dark pink is definitely Leighton's colour. It goes along with her lipstick and bright details perfectly and I love the contrast between the pink dress and a black zipper in the back. The first thing that came to my mind after seeing her wearing one-shoulder dotted Bensoni 2010 Spring dress and Roger Vivier heels was Parisienne chic. I have no doubt that all eyes were on her.



Leighton looked stunning as she walked down the stairs wearing a silver sparkling dress from the Valentino Pre-Fall 2010 collection. She updated her look with a pair of black pumps and a Badgley Mischka necklace.



This princess-like dress from Jenny Packham Spring 2011 collection could not go unmentioned. The colour and the ruffled sleeves remind me of the one I bought at H&M a while ago (click here to see the post). Looking at her, I came to the conclusion that a woman can never have enough sparkling clothes. And her hairstyle choice is simply perfect- those brown curls falling over her shoulder look fabulous.



Even though I'm not a huge fan of see-through tops, I just couldn't resist this figure-flattering dress from Victoria Beckham's Spring 2010 collection. It looks as if it was custom made for her, showing off her body to perfection.

I don't know how about you, but I would gladly take care of her Gossip Girl wardrobe. We seem to have so much in common regarding our taste in fashion. What outfits did you like the most? Would you love to have any of those items of clothing in your closet?

By the way, I have just put up a brand new poll on the right, so you can start voting right now!

xoxo, Dominika.

(Credit for the photos goes to http://blairfashion.blogspot.com , Tumblr and Google, some edits were made by me.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...