Give me some... Valentino! Ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2012

During cold weather like this, there's nothing better than getting snuggled up in bed in front of the TV. As I was jumping from one channel to another last weekend, I came across interesting series on Fashion TV called 'Focus on designers'. The episode I decided to watch featured a number of Valentino collections. Valentino is a clothing company founded in 1959 by Valentino Garavani and is a part of Valentino Fashion Group.

What immediately caught my eye was the fact that Valentino designs, contrary to some freaky fashion on the runway, are wearable pieces which define 'feminine'. Since I figured out it's virtually impossible to summarize the genius of Valentino in just one post, I decided to do it one collection at a time. Today, I would like to present a number of my favourite outfits from the Ready-to-wear Spring/Summer 2012 collection.



The first thing that came into my mind after seeing these pictures was the white sequined dress from the Versace for H&M collection. I love the crafty floral details which turn those dresses into works of art which can be worn. The fact that they offer similar dresses in different lengths and shapes also works to their advantage- everyone can find something appropriate for themselves.



These dresses prove that you can never go wrong with black. What really amazed me are those see-through parts with floral/ethnic details which make seemingly simple dresses stand out. Therefore, if you accessorize them with elegant jewellery, the casual dresses can be turned into perfect outfits for formal occasions.



Since I have never been a huge fan of vivid colours, it was love at first sight. I have always been self-conscious about my curves and would rather disguise my hips, but in this case emphasizing waistline with a waistbelt seems to be the perfect choice. The last floor-length dress instantly reminded me of those 19th century aristocratic ladies in stunning gowns (maybe it's my love for the past fashion trends or maybe it's just too much literature from that period...)



I have been enchanted by red lace dresses ever since I spotted Blake Lively wearing that wonderful Marchesa gown. In spite of their see-through design, they don't force you to show off more body than you would possibly want to. Quite the contrary, they are sophisticated and have 'chic' written all over them.

That's what Vogue (or the Fashion Bible, as they like to call themselves) said about the collection:

'The dresses were innocent in shape and alluring as ever in their translucency and fine detail – doily lace patterns were intricately applied to leather, fine linen or chiffon. (...) Tiers of glittering chiffon overlaid angelic lace dresses in nude and cream  - then blue, pink, buttery yellow and black, or floral combinations of all four, prevented the collection from being saccharine. It maybe that at some point we want something different to pure, modern romance from the Valentino team – but it’s hard to imagine ever getting bored with this.'

To be perfectly honest, I couldn't agree more. Valentino officially holds a special place on the list of my favourite designers.
How about you? Do you like Valentino designs? Which ones are your favourite?

For High Quality pictures, go here.. All edits were made by me, so if you feel like using them in the future credit me.


xoxo, Dominika.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...