What a day for a birthday, let's all have some cake!

Exactly 18 years ago, on the 6th of January 1994 at 7:10pm a girl named Dominika came to this world. She was raised in a small town by her loving parents. Ever since she was a child, she would raid her grandmother's wardrobe, snag the most interesting pieces and complete outfits for her little self. Having neglected the fashion issues throughout her primary school days, she began to experiment again on entering adolescence. Dominika's journey to discover her personal style brought her to this blog 8 months ago. At the very moment she's an aspiring fashionista with high hopes, ambitions and plans on how to make her dreams come true.

Yes, you got this one right. Today I'm entering adulthood!

Yesterday, I snuggled up in bed with a couple of family photo albums to look back on my life. Having gone through some of them with my Mom, I came across three pictures I would like to share with you today: me at the age of 2, 5 and 7.


(Excuse the quality, I had to scan the photos.)

Here's 2-year-old me rocking my mother's wedding dress. I guess it can never be too early, right? After all who knows when I will get to wear it again and I like being well-prepared...


Spending Easter at my grandmother's place at the age of 5. I had a thing for dresses even as a little girl.


This photo was taken in kindergarten about two weeks after I turned 7. Throwing dress-up parties in January was a tradition up until the third grade of primary school. This time I went for a sort of fairy princess costume.

Watching my childhood photos always puts a smile on my face. I was such an adorable kid and it's unbelievable how far I've come. Time flies...

I spent this year's birthday surrounded by my loved ones, including people who drove all the way here and made a surprise entrance. They definitely made the whole celebration even greater! My mom prepared some chuck roast and a duck stuffed with apples and cranberries for our festive dinner- calling it delicious would be an understatement, I swear it couldn't get any better!

The celebration continues tomorrow, as I'm planning to go out with my best friend. No birthday bash for me, since I decided to save the money and buy myself a long-desired gift. I want to look around before I make the final decision though....

Can you possibly guess what I'm talking about? ;)

Take care lovelies,
xoxo Dominika.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...