Burberry Body

A British fashion house, Burberry has recently launched a new fragrance called Burberry Body in about 150 countries all over the world. Known for a number of intelligent campaigns, this time they went to great lengths to advertise their brand new product. Having read on their Facebook page that it's 'a warm and feminine fragrance with an eclectic combination of sensual ingredients', I requested a sample without a shadow of a doubt. After about two weeks of getting no response, I finally came to terms with the fact I wasn't probably going to receive it at all... And that's when an unexpected message popped up in my inbox:

'Thank you for requesting your Burberry Body sample via Facebook. Due to overwhelming demand we have been unable to ship some of the requested samples within the suggested timeframe. We are pleased to inform you your sample is now on its way. (...) We hope you enjoy your Burberry Body and look forward to your feedback.'

I am more than pleased to say they definitely are the men of their words. When I got home from my private English class yesterday afternoon, that's what was waiting for me patiently in my bedroom....


Was it worth the wait? To be perfectly honest, I have mixed feelings about this one. The scent notes were described as 'a luxury chypre – fruity composition that begins with notes of fresh green absinthe, peach and freesia. Roses and iris are in the heart, leaning on the base of sandalwood, cashmerean, musk, amber and vanilla.' Tempting as it may sound, in my case it wasn't love at first sniff. It's a bit too strong for my taste, as I usually go for sweeter fragrances. There's one thing we can all agree on, though- they managed to capture luxury in a tiny vial.

Have you had the chance to test this perfume? If not, the best thing I can possibly recommend is to give it a try and place your request by liking Burberry's Facebook page.

Happy sampling, people! Looking forward to hearing your opinions,
xoxo Dominika.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...