Modern fashion icons: Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift is a country singer-songwriter, musician and an actress who has sold millions of albums worldwide. I can still remember finding out about her in 2007 and becoming absolutely enchanted with her natural beauty and unusual talent. Her style is the essence of girliness, full of floral dresses glammed up with different kinds of accessories, therefore making Taylor a fashion inspiration for a number of teenage girls all over the world.


Taylor out and about in West Hollywood. A combination of a bustier top and a floral linen skirt is perfect if you want to keep it both simple and classy on a warm summer day. I have always been self-conscious about mixing lace-up shoes with dresses/skirts though and that's why I would have probably opted for ballet flats instead.

How to get this look:


I have a thing for navy blue polka dot dresses and it doesn't take a genius to notice that not many can rock this pattern quite as well as Taylor. She styled it up with a heart-shaped necklace, matching earrings and hair falling loosely over her shoulder, giving her this natural look.

How to get this look:


A perfect pick for a hot summer day, regardless of whether you are going out with friends or just running errands in town. The colour and style of her dress are totally IN. I've had my sights set on a similar dress for over a year now, but somehow I never got round to buying it. +100 points for wearing red sunglasses to add some colour to her outfit.

How to get this look:


A number of floral dresses is a definite must-have in my closet... I can never get enough of those. A short floral dress teamed with either ballet flats or sandals has to be one of my favourite sets ever. Not only is it highly comfortable and effortless, it also looks wonderful. Taylor is living proof, isn't she?

How to get this look:


Taylor at the 43rd Academy of Country Music Awards in 2009. This time she went for a strapless, floor length Marchesa dress with detailed top. Her darling look was complemented with white, long earrings and a natural hairstyle. I am more than glad to see that she didn't overkill with accessories... sometimes just the smallest details can be enough to shine.


As usual, I saved the best for the last... ladies and gentlemen, here's my favourite outfit from the 43rd Country Music Awards. She ruled the red carpet in a stunning Reem Acra gown with gold sequined corset. I love the combination of glittery top and a tulle skirt, which makes Taylor look like a real princess.

Do you personally like Taylor's cute and girly style? If so, what are your favourite outfits?
I put up a brand new poll on the right, so feel free to vote for the next Modern Fashion Icon!

Take care, beauties!
xoxo, Dominika.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...